[TowerTalk] Tower Concerns

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Concerns
From: jamvet@bellsouth.net (Milcarsky)
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 16:49:24 -0500
I have asked for and received much help from the members of this list
concerning my planned erection of a tower at a new QTH some time this
summer.

None of that advice suggested that I cut corners to save money.  I am not
cheap.  I'd rather spend what it takes to make the site safe, otherwise I
just will not put it up.

It seems that the tower specs provided by the manufacturers are not adequate
for many areas of the country.  Why they choose not to give us the specs we
need, I will not venture to guess, but they are the only ones that can do it
properly.

Do commercial buyers get the specs that they need?  I can't imagine they
just put up a tower and hope that it will survive 110 mph winds.  There are
a whole bunch of commercial towers here on the Florida east coast.

Ed Milcarsky  KG4ARN  kg4arn@arrl.net