Fwd: Re[2]: [TowerTalk] RE: [Tower Talk] Tri-Ex

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Fwd: Re[2]: [TowerTalk] RE: [Tower Talk] Tri-Ex
From: Bob Otto <N8NGA@one.net> (Bob Otto)
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 23:20:33 -0500
Hello TTers,

I hate to say it, but it appears many of you have TOO much time on
your hands!!   This debate on a company that none of you really know
anything about is unfair, and inappropriate.  I understood one persons
post about problems he was having with First Call.  I too, have
experienced delays and bad communications from Joel.  But this thread
has gone far beyond that.

ISO 9001 is a very stringent certification.....and as such is a badge
of honor for most companies that go to the trouble to get certified.
It costs a great deal of money for the companies to get the rating --
no, they don't pay for it, it takes considerable time on the part of
the employees (hence a significant company investment) to provide the
proper process sheets, inspection plans, statistic analysis to prove
they operate a good shop.  It generally takes a company from 6-18
months to get certified.  Will it insure that the product they are
making is suitable for it's intended use?? NO, it doesn't (as Jeff
accurately posted). It is some assurance, though, that the product
manufactured is damned close to the design in a very high percent of
the time.....much higher than most companies can claim.

I'm not going to make excuses for Joel.  Just give the topic this one
thought, maybe the reason Joel hasn't been very responsive is that
he's been trying to negotiate a significant deal, and put together
(call it save) a company that otherwise might have simply gone under.
For some of you to criticize the new company, shame on you!! How about
waiting to see what happens.....and then only reporting what YOU have
experienced....not getting into a feeding frenzy and spending valuable
bandwidth preaching dooms day reports.

I personally believe it was appropriate for the first post to say he'd
had problems.  I would want to know if a company was not responsive.
For those who added to it from **personal experience**, that's fine.
For those of you who just decided to speculate on whether the new
company was worth a hoot -- how would you feel if it was YOUR company
that was being discussed??

IMHO, it's fair to attack those who run a company inappropriately.
It's grossly UNFAIR to attack a company that has not YET done anything
inappropriate.

I apologize if this post pisses any of you off.........but lets get
back to debating/discussing tower issues.....not assassinating
companies without facts.

73 from.......

Bob Otto
N8NGA@one.net
Cincinnati, Ohio

DXCC 10M         ** DX is !! **        WAS 10M
       There is a very fine line between
         "HOBBY" and "MENTAL ILLNESS"
When trouble arises and things look really bad,
there is always one individual who perceives a
solution and is willing to take command.
      VERY OFTEN THAT PERSON IS CRAZY!