[TowerTalk] RE: [Tower Talk] Tri-Ex

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: [Tower Talk] Tri-Ex
From: alsopb@gloryroad.net (alsopb)
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 12:08:38 +0000
For the company I used to work for (the first Baldridge recipient),
IS9000 certification only meant jumping through the hoops the review
committee required.  It did not change company attitudes towards their
customers.  It did not change attitudes of their managers.  It did
introduce a lot of bugs in the computer programs which had to allow
both metric and English units.  It is a real mess doing this
conversions -- expecially in the fluid flow and heat transfer area. It
did take a lot of time and cost a lot of money.  Guess who paid the
money?  The customer, natch.

The Baldridge award was likewise.  Please the reviewers.  We all did
get a Longenes watch with the company log on it.  We had to pay income
taxes on the value of the watch.

After all this it was business as usual -- except with more buggy
computer programs.

73 de Brian/K3KO