[TowerTalk] Advise Please

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Advise Please
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 10:22:52 -0500
At 10:06 AM 3/7/01 -0500, Roger Borowski wrote:
>Sounded to me that the damaged section was embedded, and part of
>the concrete base, adding a bit more to the problem of repair. I
>cant help but wonder if a piece of angle iron couldn't be welded
>to the leg in question, both above and below the area of concern,
>restoring structural integrity? If insurance will pay for a new
>base installation, that would be the way to go.

I would go for insurance, and the crane, and the bucket truck, and then
hacksaw off the embedded legs, drill the base and insert a pier pin with
epoxy, and use a pier pin base to replace the damaged one.  Would probably
also require a new short section of tower, presuming that the original
installation embedded a full-sized one.

73, Pete N4ZR
Contesting is!

The World Contest Station Database