[TowerTalk] Advise Please

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Advise Please
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 11:00:34 EST
K9RB.Rog@telocity.com writes:

>  cant help but wonder if a piece of angle iron couldn't be welded
>  to the leg in question, both above and below the area of concern,
>  restoring structural integrity?

    In a previous post I suggested adding a splint or cripple to the leg.
Properly done, it should be as strong or stronger than the leg. Your piece of
angle iron is on this track but needs to be incorporated in a suitably
designed brace.

    You cannot weld to Rohn 25G or 45G - the legs are too thin.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
Tower Tech