[TowerTalk] LOOS gauge ramblings

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] LOOS gauge ramblings
From: w7ni@easystreet.com (Stan or Patricia Griffiths)
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 00:36:29 -0800
You know, there is a fairly easy way to test all of this and find out the
real answers.  Remember how you could see if your Loos Tension device was
reading correctly, right in your garage?  You hang a piece of guy wire
vertically from the rafters.  You then load it with a known amount of
weight like a five gallon bucket of pieces of steel you have weighed on
another scale.  You then test the tension in this vertical "guy wire" with
your Loos gauge and see if it reads correctly.  If you want to know the
effect of two closely spaced guy grips, you just re-rig the vertical guy
wire with closely spaced grips and measure it again with the same weight
for you but I don't own a Loos gauge . . .

Stan
w7ni@easystreet.com