[TowerTalk] flexible coax

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] flexible coax
From: jreisert@jlc.net (Joe Reisert)
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 18:57:13 -0500
Tom,

I prefer RG214 coax for rotor loops. It's not cheap (although very common
on the surplus market-especially in short lengths and affordable). It is
relatively flexible but also has two shields making it much sturdier than
RG 213. I get several years of tough service out of it. Usually the
connectors fail before the coax.

Andrews so called flexible cables to me are a misnomer. True, they can be
flexed, but only a few times! They are great during installations where the
cable must be bent in peculiar shape but NOT FOR CONSTANTLY MOVING ROTORS!

73,

Joe, W1JR