[TowerTalk] Summary of replies on Cushcraft 2 el 40 meter problem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Summary of replies on Cushcraft 2 el 40 meter problem
From: thompson@mindspring.com (thompson@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 01:36:37 -0500
Thanks for the many replies on my losing one of the capacity hats on the
reflector element.  I can see as many pointed out that
losing one or both hats on the driven element could move the beam well out
of the band (NQ4I reports 7.8Mhz!).   Since the problem has
not caused me a problem in working Dx on 40 SSB I will agree with N4TZ that
fixing the hat is not my top priority.  I will need to throw in a tuner on
low end CW (SWR is 2.2 to 1 on 7010) but its 1.35 to 1 at 7296 rather than
1.8 to 1 and in the CQ WPX many were QSX on 7296 or even higher.

Now I have to figure out how to get the serial numbers to track in Writelog
so I can enter for real next year.

73 Dave K4JRB