[TowerTalk] using end caps

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] using end caps
From: w9ol@billnjudy.com (FireBrick)
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 13:18:39 -0600
I am aware that plastic end caps can prevent the whistling sound as wind
passes over the open tubes.

But unless your antenna is located where that noise would be
objectionable, wouldn't it just be simpler to leave the caps off?
Every antenna I've seen has element ends that droop at least slightly.
Wouldn't this drooping allow gravity to work in eliminating water inside
the element tubes?

"Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach. Those that can't do
either, become critics.

Bill H. in Chicagoland
w9ol@billnjudy.com   FireBrick@telocity.com   w9ol@telocity.com

--