[TowerTalk] rope in elements

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] rope in elements
From: i4jmy@iol.it (Maurizio Panicara)
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 20:21:17 +0200
Not necessarily a vibration causes a metal stress in aluminium or a failure
in a riveted joint.
Thousand of yagis elements are infact happily surviving and vibrating day
after day (likewise aircrafts, etc.).
While noise and wistling can be bothering and caps & rope can easily fix the
problem, when antenna pieces are found dropped down on the ground something
wrong had occurred. The mistake can be a design that underestimated
vibrations but also a wrongly performed installation or even a mistake in
the metal itself.

73,
Mauri I4JMY