[TowerTalk] Single Base for 45g and 25g?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Single Base for 45g and 25g?
From: rthorne@tcac.net (Richard Thorne)
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 07:57:42 -0600
We're very close to closing a deal on a new house.  I want the
contractor to dig the holes and pour the concrete for the tower when he
does the foundation for the home.

Not sure if I'm going to go with 45g or 25g.  I have two options for a
base:

1: Pier Pin which is probably a better engineering choice and can
accommodate both a 25g or 45g base plate.  This would also be the least
expensive, I think.

or

2:  Use short concrete sections for 25g and 45g.  I don't think it would
be a problem to place the 25g base within the 45g base which would give
me the flexibility to go with either tower.  What does the multitude
think?

The concrete base and guy anchors will be designed for the largest tower
I plan on putting up.

Richard Thorne
ARS N5ZC (ex KA2DSY, N2BHP, WB5M)
Remote Control Airplanes:  AMA# 657062