[TowerTalk] Good deed

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Good deed
From: jmaass@columbus.rr.com (Jeff Maass)
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 15:03:13 -0400
This one has all the earmarks of a hoax. Can anyone confirm that
such a teacher, class & project exists?

If it's not currently in the "hoax" category, it will soon be. Once
these "Send a copy to everyone you know" type messages start,
they circulate until all the current 4th graders are drawing retirement
pay.

Witness Craig Shergold, a boy who has been "dying" since
1989, and receiving QSL cards, post cards, and email since then.
(http://www.snopes2.com/inboxer/children/shergold.htm).

Or the pleas to help find Kelsey Brook Jones, a 5-year-old
who was 'misplaced' by her mother for a couple of hours
in 1999 while playing at a friend's house a few doors away.
(http://www.snopes2.com/inboxer/children/kelsey.htm).

Once these things start, they never end.

If there is such a teacher Ann Vaughn at St. Patrick's Catholic
School in Kingman Kansas, then she should have her hands whacked
with a ruler for starting yet another hard-to-kill hoax-to-be!

General rule: if an email says "Forward this letter to as many
people as possible!" (or similar), then it should be deleted
immediately and forgotten.

73,
 Jeff Maass       jmaass@columbus.rr.com     Located near Columbus Ohio
         USPSA # L-1192       NROI/CRO    Amateur Radio K8ND
    Maass' IPSC Resources Page:  http://home.columbus.rr.com/jmaass
Circleville USPSA/IPSC: http://home.columbus.rr.com/jmaass/pcsiipsc.htm