[TowerTalk] Anchors unequal distance from base?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Anchors unequal distance from base?
From: Steve/n0tu" <n0tu@webaccess.net (Steve/n0tu)
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 09:48:16 -0600
I'm placing a modest 40' Rohn-like tower guyed at 20'/38' on a small
hill-top treed (35') location behind the house. First off, my guy anchor
points of attachment will be below the elevation of the towers base and at
slightly different heights. My county wind speed rating is 85mph.

But more of a concern, because of natural obstacles the guy anchors are at
different distances from the tower's base (say about 10%)? Looking at Rohn's
guy-anchor layout drawings showing perfectly flat no-obstacle enviroment I
wonder if my setup is structurally sound or flawed?

Or more importantly, I'm concerned I'm not able to meet the MFG's suggested
instalation specs which means all loading specs go out the window? Right??

My short term intentions will be a lightweight tribander or several 2el
monobanders (20/15) max!   ~ Steve/n0tu

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,
http://www.championradio.com

-----