[TowerTalk] Tri-ex tower query

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tri-ex tower query
From: kahager@gis.net (Kent Hager (KK1H))
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:54:37 -0400
Hello Tower Talk Users,
I'm strongly considering the purchase of a used Tri-ex model MW50 crankup
tower.  It comes w/rotor and TA33jr antenna for $400.00.  Plan on using
rotor but intend to utilize TH5 instead of TA33jr.  Havn't looked at the
tower but I'm told it's in excellent shape.
Upon looking at this tower are there certain things I should be aware of and
check out?  Tower is on the ground and hasn't been in use for sometime as
person I'm dealing w/is selling for SK widow.
What size hole is required in the ground for this tower?
This is my first tower and any other considerations/thoughts from
experienced HAMS is greatly appreciated.  73  Kent KK1H kahager@gis.net

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,
http://www.championradio.com

-----