[TowerTalk] Tri-ex tower query

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tri-ex tower query
From: k6ll@juno.com (Dave Hachadorian)
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 10:19:37 +0000
On Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:54:37 -0400 "Kent Hager (KK1H)" <kahager@gis.net>
writes:
> Hello Tower Talk Users,
> I'm strongly considering the purchase of a used Tri-ex model MW50
> crankup
> tower.  It comes w/rotor and TA33jr antenna for $400.00.  Plan on
> using
> rotor but intend to utilize TH5 instead of TA33jr.  Havn't looked at
> the
> tower but I'm told it's in excellent shape.
> Upon looking at this tower are there certain things I should be
> aware of and
> check out?  Tower is on the ground and hasn't been in use for
> sometime as
> person I'm dealing w/is selling for SK widow.
> What size hole is required in the ground for this tower?
> This is my first tower and any other considerations/thoughts from
> experienced HAMS is greatly appreciated.

It's a pretty lightweight tower, weighing only 258 pounds.
It's meant to be guyed, or bracketed to a sturdy structure
at the top of the lowest section.
The windload rating is 8.6 sq. ft., but that's only at 50 mph.
The hole/concrete is 24Lx24Wx18D.
Half-inch bolts secure the hinged base to the concrete.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ
K6LL@juno.com

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,