[TowerTalk] Re: Fw: Crank-up

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Fw: Crank-up
From: JSheinb785@aol.com (JSheinb785@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 08:39:45 EDT
Hello, Steve. I have a UST HDX555/MDP750 abt 2 yrs old.  Since I live in the
corrosive atmosphere of the Texas Gulf Coast, & have had a previous UST's
cables rust & break, ruining the tower & all the antennas, I'm thinking abt
restringing the cables with stainless steel.  However, UST won't give me the
diagram on how to recable it. Any suggestions?  When you visited there were
they cordial?

The grease they sent me was a "clear motorcycle grease," as they called it.
The lube for the cable was mfd. by Whitmore & is clear. However, one may
obtain a similar product mfd. by Jet-lube in Houston Texas, (my son's company
sells it) & the part number is WRL  (how unique!).

Thanks for your comments.
73,
Joe  WD5FHG

List Sponsor:  Champion Radio Products - We'll be at the Dayton Hamvention
with all of our safety equipment and other products. Stop by booth #559 and
say hi.
<A HREF="a">http://www.championradio.com</A>

-----