[TowerTalk] DC isolated UNUN

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] DC isolated UNUN
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 13:43:14 -0400
If I wanted to build a pair of UNUNs for my 75-ohm CATV feedline, and need
to have them isolated from ground except for RF, what value of capacitance
would be appropriate for 1.8-30 MHz service?  Reason for this is to
continue to use my current antenna switch, which sends +DC, -DC and AC down
the coax to control the relays at the tower base.  What rating factors need
to be considered for legal limit power (I assume one needs to figure on as
much as 1KV being present, but don't know how to anticipate what RF current
might be involved).

73, Pete N4ZR
Contesting is!

List Sponsor:  Champion Radio Products - We'll be at the Dayton Hamvention
with all of our safety equipment and other products. Stop by booth #559 and
say hi.
<A HREF="http://www.championradio.com";>www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----