[TowerTalk] Ameritron RCS-4

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ameritron RCS-4
From: k4sqr@juno.com (k4sqr@juno.com)
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 14:52:54 -0400
Hi Paul, N0AH;

You are correct; the Comtek Systems 8 position RCAS-8 Remote Antenna
Switch requires a 6  conductor control cable, and a "borrowed feature
since 1995 in the ACB-4 series 4-square " are MOV's across all control
lines for lightning protection.

Cheers,

Jim Miller, K4SQR
http://www.comteksystems.com
4-Square Experts, Stack Yagi
& Remote Antenna Switching Systems

On Tue, 15 May 2001 13:42:41 EDT Dinsterdog@aol.com writes:
> If you don't mind your low band antennas picking up the AC going
> along the
> coax to control relay switching- the RCS4 is great- My first RCS4
> smoked as
> soon as I plugged it in, and the second created such a noise on
> certain
> positions utilizing my beverages, I took it back. (more like THREW
> it back)
> Nothing like two 300 mile round trips to HRO in Denver to pick up
> junk- not
> to mention the headaches of having to deal with something broken out
> of the
> box- But now I have two RCS8 antenna switches  with no complaints-
> it seems
> to work fb without the noise as it controls the relays with a
> separate DC
> line to the control box, instead of sending AC out on your coax to
> do it-
> Sending out AC along your coax to control relays is like kissing
> your dog's
> butt!!- - For $10 more, with the RCS8, you get an extra antenna port
> and a
> quiet device- All that said, for some more $$$, you might want to
> consider
> going with a well built antenna switch from WX0B@arraysolutions.com.
>  And I
> think Jim at comteksystems.com has one out now too- both owners are
> fb with
> customer service-
>
> 73  Paul  N0AH
>
> 73  Paul  N0AH
>
> List Sponsor:  Champion Radio Products - We'll be at the Dayton
> Hamvention
> with all of our safety equipment and other products. Stop by booth
> #559 and
> say hi.
> <A HREF="http://www.championradio.com";>www.ChampionRadio.com</A>
>
> -----