[TowerTalk] Force 12 C3 Spacers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force 12 C3 Spacers
From: dxdog@rcn.com (Jerry Keller)
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 11:11:08 -0400
To all those that sent me information and opinions on the Force 12 antenna
C3 series and the question of wind-whipping and spacers: EVERY ONE of the
twenty-two responses that I received were very favorable to Force 12. Not
one had a single complaint, so it appears that wind-whipping and element
contact is a non-problem from all accounts (except the ones that sparked my
comment in the first place). I guess this is one of those cases where
there's lots of "attaboys" out there but the one "awsh-t" is the thing that
gets the attention.  Frankly, it's been a while since I've encountered a
product line of ANY sort that has managed to earn this degree of respect and
support from actual users... I'm impressed.
My thanks to all of you that took the time to send your thoughts.
Now if I can only find a 60 foot free-standing crank-up tower with the same
kind of following, maybe I can get this project "off the ground" this
summer!!
Cheers!!  Jerry K3MGT

List Sponsor:  Champion Radio Products - We'll be at the Dayton Hamvention
with all of our safety equipment and other products. Stop by booth #559 and
say hi.
<A HREF="http://www.championradio.com";>www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----