[TowerTalk] Disclaimer........ why art thou?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Disclaimer........ why art thou?
From: n3rr@erols.com (Bill Hider)
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 04:25:56 +0100
It's intended to show others (those on the list to which the posting is
made) that what is being said is "unbiased" and is not intended that the
person making the posting is, or will be, receiving any renumeration for
announcing the availability of whatever is being said in the posting.

Sometimes people making a posting are promoting their own items/services for
sale.  This may be obvious to some and not so obvious to others.  The
absence of the disclaimer may make some believe that the posting may be
self-promoting and may have that bias.

I try to always use the disclaimer to ensure that others percieve my posting
as *information* and not as an *infomercial*.  I always feel better having
so disclaimed in my postings.

BTW, that doesn't make my posting *correct*, it just tells those reading it
that I won't receive any renumeration ($$) for making the posting.

Bill, N3RR