[TowerTalk] thoughts about property layout

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] thoughts about property layout
From: kc5ajx@hotmail.com (Rick Bullon)
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 17:37:03 -0000
Tom
It is better to be safe than sorry ( or dead in this case). No one (except
the power company) knows if the drop line is triplex or not. The only way to
make sure ids ask the power company and they may for safety reasons say that
it is unsafe to have anything near the lines.
I know in my area the power company still comes thru every year or so and
trims all the tree limbs near the lines, so I would guess that they are
worried about any objects around the lines. Not all power company lines are
the same all over the country. It is better to bury the lines if possible
and not worry about it.
73
Rick
KC5AJX