[TowerTalk] anchoring concrete base to rock

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] anchoring concrete base to rock
From: la7sl@online.no (LA7SL)
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 20:46:09 +0200
Hi everybody !
I just subscribed to the list. Maybe this subject has been discussed before, but
looking through all the archives would ruin me as I am on dial-up !

The problem :

A self supported crank-up / tilt over is to be mounted in a location with only
4 feet of  loose soil covering solid rock. I have to use a concrete base,- but
have no chance to get it deep enough. I have to anchor the base to the rock
below. I have instructions on how to build the rebar "cage". The instruction
spesifically warns against letting the rebars get in touch with underlying soil.
Is this also valid for underlying rock ??
Do I have to use anchor bolts (terribly expensive here) and NOT let them touch
the rebar ?  It would be very practical to drill holes and extend the vertical
rebars
down into the holes. How do I fix them there if this method is allowable??
Any compounds that are good for this and not cost a fortune ??
  I have both corrosion and lightning safety (base explosion) in mind when
asking.
    Thanks in advance !
And VY 73 DE
LA7SL- Nils "Peter" Pedersen
la7sl@online.no

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----