[TowerTalk] Wind Loading redux

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Wind Loading redux
From: SPELUNK.SUENO@prodigy.net (EUGENE SMAR)
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 11:23:42 -0400
Kurt:

      I know you weren't picking on me.  I appreciate your contributions to
the topic, both at present and in your previous work.  (Plus your e-mails to
me last year on rotator bearings, etc.)

     Early Bencher literature on their Skyhawk lists the following as
contributing to the design:  Jim Breakall WA3FET, Tim Duffy K3LR, and Bob
Locher W9KNI.  The Skyhawk's non-conducting compensators are mounted near
the 10M 2nd DIR.  The boom compensator apparently offsets the torque
imbalance caused by having more boom on the REFL side of the mast clamp.
The element compensator offsets the imbalance caused by having more element
material on the REFL side of the clamp.  Therefore, the whole array is
mounted at the CG (I presume.  Haven't done the math yet.)

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F