[TowerTalk] Ginpole for 20 foot sections

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ginpole for 20 foot sections
From: k2av@contesting.com (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 13:23:30 -0400
See other post on how advantage achieved.

>       This is NOT how a gin pole is configured.

A gin pole is just a device to give an attachment opportunity high enough above
already accomplished structure to allow fixing various lifting devices to
control both vertical and horizontal forces on the next section for easy
attachment. It doesn't imply any particular lifting arrangement, though some
may be manufactured with a particular device integral.

Other than a single pulley, the top hook of a 4:1 block and tackle setup is
another device that can be attached to the top of a gin pole. I've seen an
electric winch fitted to a gin pole.

73

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----