[TowerTalk] Will trees kill me, too?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Will trees kill me, too?
From: n6nz@n6nz.net (Dave N6NZ)
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 23:14:43 -0700
It just so happens that the new QTH has some nice Ponderosa pine that I
thought would make dandy supports for wires. Recently, the friendly UPS man
brought me some innocent looking equipment that seemed like just the thing
to implement my plans for wires in trees.

But... and here the plot thickens... now I read on TowerTalk that these
new, shiny, pole climbing gaffs (a.k.a. tree climbing gaffs) are plotting
my demise even as they slumber, unassembled, in the shipping box that
brought them into my innocent and unprotected tool shed.

Seriously, can someone tell me (and the rest of the reflector) exactly how
a beginner should go about using these things safely?

73, Dave N6NZ

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----