[TowerTalk] Will trees kill me, too?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Will trees kill me, too?
From: kbottles@rafn.com (Kim Bottles)
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 06:11:32 -0700
Here is another approach to "wires in the tree" that I happened across this
Field Day.

I was riding my bicycle on Field Day Sunday morning and I came across the North
Kitsap Amateur Radio Club gang.

After introductions and the such, I noticed that their wire antennas were way
the heck up in some Douglas Firs.
Like 80-100 feet up. So I asked "How the heck did you get them so far up for
Field Day?"

Answer: Potato Gun

Only took several shots from an experienced cannonier and they were in business
with some very high wires.
Seems like there could be some home application here.

Cheers!

Kim Bottles - K7IM
Bainbridge Island, WA

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----