[TowerTalk] How to raise mast?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] How to raise mast?
From: k3gt@pgh.net (Bob Thacker)
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 16:47:19 -0400
I have 2" by 10" angle iron U bolted with a muffler style clamp every 30" or
so and are permanently left there. A strip of sticky non-slide step material
is applied to each one. I have a Champion short 1' lanyard to hold you tight
to the mast accompanied by the regular harness and 3' lanyard. Get lots of
nerve and go climb. Done it many times. On one occasion that I climbed it,
Robin Cole, former Pittsburgh Steelers middle linebacker came over and
holler up to me that I had more courage than him on the football field! I
think not, but you do have to have b**** to do it.

73,

Bob, K3GT