[TowerTalk] Simming pool Ufer ground

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Simming pool Ufer ground
From: jamvet@bellsouth.net (Milcarsky)
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 15:40:10 -0400
I am currently building a new home and I plan to place a perimeter ground
around the house and this will also encircle the pool.  The pool is adjacent
to the house.

My contractor raised the question of whether I should connect the perimeter
ground to the rebar that forms the pool structure.  He says the rebar will
be tied together with wire. ( I doubt that I will be able to get in and
assure these are good electrical contacts though.)  Any thoughts?

Also, should we drive a ground rod or two into the ground at the bottom of
the pool and tie these into the rebar cage?

The QTH is Florida east coast, 3 miles from the ocean.  The ground is sandy,
fairly dry, and the water table is 30 to 40 feet deep.

Comments and suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,  Ed   KG4ARN

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----