[TowerTalk] Simming pool Ufer ground

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Simming pool Ufer ground
From: w2cs@ipass.net (Gary J. Ferdinand W2CS)
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 16:58:56 -0400
When I had a pool installed in NY (years ago), part of the electrical code
stated that the contractor had to bind the rebar around the entire pool with
one continuous length of wire and then ground that (I have long forgetten
the rules behind the actual grounding itself).  There were specially
designed clips/fasteners that assured good contact with this continuous wire
and the rebar, which was under the path around the pool, and the pool metal
surfaces themselves.

Your questions might have answers in the electrical codes.

73,

Gary W2CS
Apex, NC

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us