[TowerTalk] tieing utility and tower grounds together

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] tieing utility and tower grounds together
From: Larry Alkoff" <labradley@mindspring.com (Larry Alkoff)
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 02:34:58 -0500
Bill I also have the problem of widely separated grounding points.

In my case, utility at one corner, cable TV and telephone at opposite corner,
ham shack in rear middle of house.

Here in Texas we have a lot of rock.  The only way to insert ground rods
vertically is to drill
and with 16 foot separation I would have a lot of rock holes to drill!

For my tower I use 9 radials of 1.5" copper in a two foot trench.  No ground
rods.
Do you think that would be adequate to run around the house for grounds?

Thanks, Larry N2LA

Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----