[TowerTalk] Antenna Modeling Question Update

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Modeling Question Update
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 10:21:07 EDT
In a message dated 7/24/01 6:45:29 AM Pacific Daylight Time, KD4OL@aol.com
writes:

> I intend to use either a Rohn 45 or maybe 55 type tower, fully guyed.  I
>  would probably have to use heavier and stronger guys at the top section
than
>  recommended by Rohn.   Don' t know how much to heavy-up.

    I take it from your remark that you don't have a Rohn catalog since it
spells out all the specs that you asked about; i.e. tower capacity and guy
sizes. It's mandatory that you have one to help in your planning and
construction. They're available from  <A HREF="http://www.championradio.com";>
www.championradio.com</A>

    The primary installation planning/building spec is your local county
windspeed. What is it? That will make most of the decisions for you. You can
look up the TIA-222 county windspeed ratings at the same website under Tech
Notes.

Cheers,    Steve    K7LXC
Champion Radio Products
Tower Tech

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A

-----