[TowerTalk] 4 square 160m 80 ideas wanted

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 4 square 160m 80 ideas wanted
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 20:09:26 -0600
On Thu, 9 Aug 2001 "Kevin Adam, Webz By design" <n9iww2@verizon.net>
writes:

> I Thought that hams help hams was what hamming was all about. but I
> guess this is not the place so 73 I have helped hams here so I guess
> I got used see ya
>

> N9IWW
> Kevin Adam
> 1239 W. Till Rd.
> Fort Wayne IN. 46825
> 219-490-7312
> http://www.fortwayneradioclub.net/n9iww
> n9iww@mail.com

I guess you didn't like my previous (private) answer to your question,
where I informed you that you would need CONSIDERABLE Top
that you feed the (isolated?) 120 ft tower as a single vertical
with a GOOD radial field (that will take at least 1 acre of land),
and that a 160M 4 square with an effective radial system would
require 4 acres of land.

OR, the answer from W8JI who has made a 160M 4 square
from a 200 ft tower (but NOT a 120 ft tower as you propose).

When you finally find the answer to how to make a 4 square
with good gain and pattern for 160M, suspending 4 wires from
a single 120 ft tower, you should apply for a PATENT.
It will be a FIRST.

Tom  N4KG

p.s.  I strongly recommend a study of antenna fundamentals
to obtain a grasp on what is and is not feasible.
(Hint 1: 4 square gain from 4 wires coming together at the top
and fed at the top is NOT feasible.
Hint 2: Vertical antennas without a good ground system
consisting of at least 30, preferably 60, or more radials,
or saltwater, are very POOR radiators).