re[2]: [TowerTalk] A Beautiful Trench

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: re[2]: [TowerTalk] A Beautiful Trench
From: howk2@hotmail.com (Howard Klein)
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 16:47:27

Jim,

My trench is more like 6 inches deep. I have a 3 inch pipe with 3 Buryflex
9913 type cables and a control cable in it. I have a second smaller (2inch?)
corrugated pvc with a couple of cables in the same trench. It is not very
much below the surface. In 3 years I have not had a frost heaval problem in
a climate that is not too different from yours. If I had to redo it I would
do just what you did with the addiion of my suggestions. I believe the nylon
clothes line would pull the hardline OK. I know the poly rope would. By the
way some of my cables are no longer used since I went to remote antenna
switches. I always seem to "Get it" after I have done something.

73 HK

Howard M. Klein, K2HK
DXCC Honor Roll
362 Confirmed Countries