[TowerTalk] Securing feedlines to tower legs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Securing feedlines to tower legs
From: w9re@worldnet.att.net (Mike Wetzel)
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 10:09:52 -0500
Jim,

This is a constant problem that I have!  I try and put the cable tie extras
on the inside of the tower to minimize snagging.  What I do is use, black UV
resistant, reusable cable ties.  Now the trick is finding the beasts.  I
bought some of the above at Dick Smith's Electronics about 15 years ago and
I am still using and reusing some of the ties.  Recently I bought some from
Grainger and they didn't last at all (they were a little smaller and became
brittle).  Maybe some body on the reflector knows of a source of the good
ones, they are .25" wide and 10" long, black and "reusable".  One thing that
I have done in the past is alternate Scotch 33 and the ties on the tower
legs so you half your tape removal.

One other thought that K2TR mentioned a long time ago was using s/s band
clamps but I've never done that (was always afraid of the abrasion factor).

Mike W9RE

http://www.anwireless.com

-----

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,