[TowerTalk] Securing feedlines to tower legs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Securing feedlines to tower legs
From: franknorton@home.com (Frank Norton KB8XU)
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 11:35:58 -0400
Hi Jim,

The only convenient way I have found to secure cables coming down the tower
are the coax arms with open/overlapping circles at the end of each
shaft.  They aren't cheap, but u only have to buy them once.

I get mine from IIX products in Illinois
<http://www.w9iix.com/contents.htm>.  They are well galvanized and a little
less expensive than "the brands".  U just put one coax arm about every 15
to 20 feet on the tower.  U can arrange to clamp them inside or outside
depending on which method u prefer.  It makes pulling out individual cables
very convenient.

Good luck!

73 de Frank KB8XU

At 10:20 AM 8/19/2001 -0400, you wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Rework of all antennas has led to rework of feedlines and control cables .
>. .
>
>I plan to reroute and secure the cables up the entire length of the tower. I
>don't like the previous methods I've used:
>
>1.  Cable ties around tower legs add another place for your climbing
>lanyard to
>bind on.
>2.  A lot of cable ties suffer from environmental breakdown.
>3.  Electrical tape is pretty good, EXCEPT when you need to change a single
>cable, you don't want to remove them all! How do you attach cables to tower
>legs so they are individually serviceable?
>
>Currently, this Rohn 25 tower has six RG-213 runs, one 1/2-inch hardline run
>and three control cables terminating at various heights.
>
>73,
>
>Jim K1IR

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----