[TowerTalk] What about hams with small lots???

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] What about hams with small lots???
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 13:20:17 -0600
Two dipoles, 34 ft and 100 to 140 ft, each fed with ladderline
and run in the same direction, will give almost complete
coverage on the higher bands.  The Longer dipole will act
as various types of long wire antennas on each of the higher
bands with 4 main lobes roughly 30 degrees from the wire
plus smaller and narrower lobes in between.

The short (20M dipole) will have a figure 8 pattern broadside
to the wire from 10 thru 30 Meters, filling in the nulls of the
longer antenna.  Point the ends to low population centers
or put up some more dipoles to cover the end nulls.

This is exactly what I use on the WARC bands except that
I have 3 - 80M horizontal dipoles at 70, 90, and 140 ft. with
different orientations. My 20M dipole is at 50 ft.  With
multiple (long) dipoles, you really can 'see' the various lobes
(and nulls).

Heights from 40 to 60 ft work VERY WELL on 10 thru 30M
especially if the antennas are in the clear and away from
metal objects or at least perpendicular to them.

Tom  N4KG