[TowerTalk] Re: [CW] Hand Key Sending Speeds

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: [CW] Hand Key Sending Speeds
From: Ron KA4INM Youvan" <ka4inm@qsl.net (Ron KA4INM Youvan)
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 16:10:02 -0400
Hi all:

> Harry Turner has the sending record which is around 35 wpm.  McElroy has
> (or maybe had - I'm not sure if it still stands) the receiving record of
> 77 wpm using an old manual typewriter).  See
> http://metronet.com/~nmcewen/mcelroy.html
> for details.  Also, did you look at the link in the original message?
> Interesting stuff.

  I know I read in "Florida Skip" about 5 or 6 years about
two fellows at the Miami HAMvention that had received
99+ and 98+ wpm - 5 minutes with out one error - by ear
and typed into Apple IIC computers with Dorvac keyboards
(a built-in option, as it is with LINUX) at a `certified'
speed test, it was not a speed record. (according to the article)
  A picture of the two holding their printed out text was shown.
    (big grins)

         73 (= Best Regards) de: (= this is) Ron ka4inm@qsl.net
       Please visit my HAM web site at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,