[TowerTalk] Resonance of loaded Parasitic Elements

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Resonance of loaded Parasitic Elements
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 05:43:47 -0600
A 5% lower resonant frequency for the reflector is a good place
to start.  It seems to me that one way to do this is to split and
insulate the reflector and then either grid dip the element or
measure the impedance at the center.  Once it is tuned, then
it may be joined and mounted to the boom.  Yes, there may be
some detuning effects but I would expect them to be small for
a 40M element.

73 / GL,  Tom  N4KG