[TowerTalk] Feedline Pipe or tubing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Feedline Pipe or tubing
From: pbarkey@bsu.edu (Barkey, Patrick M.)
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 11:29:53 -0500
Even with cable that is suitable for direct burial,
I like to provide some kind of protection for
inadvertent digging.  When you're burying stuff, its
easy to forget exactly where it is.  Conduit gives
you a little breathing room - if you hit it with
a shovel, you haven't destroyed your precious cables.

What I did with my last tower run is to lay my
hardline(s) at the bottom of the trench, then put
my sewer pipe containing my control cables above
that.  I figure that if I ever dig it up, I'll hit
the plastic pipe first and hopefully stop before
anything important is damaged.

   - Pat
     N9RV

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,