[TowerTalk] Re: Tower Talk Digest V4 #442

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Tower Talk Digest V4 #442
From: teamw@quixnet.net (teamw)
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 12:34:09 -0400
Hi Mike
I do not have any TB55D torque arms but I do have five new and unused TB25D
bars. These are of course heavily hot dip galv. and would be an improvement
over home brew unless you can get them hot dipped. Here in Florida anything
else would rust in no time. I suspect the torque bar may be a common part
used on the 25, 45 and 55 towers with different sleeves to accomodate the
different bolts??
The TBXXD part number describes the torque bar plus the appropriate sleeve.

The TB25D is 16 inches from the outer end to the middle of the hole in the
loop. I don't see why they would make them longer for either the 45 or 55
tower? the stock material is 1/4 inch thick and 1-1/4 inches wide. They are
marked with the P/N, KC796
The loop inside diameter is 1-1/4 inches. A tubular sleeve goes in the loop
to accomodate the 1/2 inch bolt used on the 25 tower.
The 55 tower uses a 3/4 inch bolt requiring a different sleeve.

My Rohn drawing for the Guy bracket assy covers all three towers but gives
no info at all on the torque bars.
Both the Commercial and Consumer catalogs show a sketch of the Guy Brackets
and Torque Bars in the Model 25 sections but there is nothing for either in
the 45 and 55 section?
If my assumption is correct about common part for the torque bar and they
are of interest to you they are available for $12 each plus shipping at
cost. No charge for packing. Maybe Rohn would confirm whether the KC796 was
the same bar used on all three?
regards
John AB4ET

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,