[TowerTalk] MFJ (Hygain) SS parts revisited

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] MFJ (Hygain) SS parts revisited
From: n2mg@contesting.com (Mike Gilmer - N2MG)
Date: 5 Oct 2001 09:16:44 -0700
Although some have informed me that their experience was just the opposite, I
had some good luck (so far anyway) with calling Hygain/MFJ on the telephone.
The 800 number is on their website

http://www.hy-gain.com

My call was quickly forwarded to a fella who faxed to me (almost immediately)
the current parts list (with prices) for the 105CA and the 204BA (now called
LJ-105CA and LJ-204BA).  The h/w prices were reasonable, IMO, compared to
100-piece prices from Fastenal. And, in theory, you can buy just what you need.
 Though he denied knowing anything about them, the price list actually had a
p/n and a price for the hardware "kits" (that I've bought for past refurb jobs)
containing the various bolts together.  Of course, they may not actually stock
all of it and you have to pay shipping...

Although MFJ didn't say so (I didn't know enough to ask at the time),
apparently they do not sell the Hygain-style element clamps anymore, just your
typical hose clamps.

73 Mike N2MG