[TowerTalk] Ham-M rotator mod web sites?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ham-M rotator mod web sites?
From: ka1kjz@home.com (Ronald C. Barnes)
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 10:06:57 -0400
I too have an old Ham-M that I will be working on over the winter.  This is
a project I could get behind!

Someone provided a link to manuals, but the links dont work :(

If I can get a schematic for it, I can throw together a PC interface for
this thing using a PIC or similar microcontroller.  I already grabbed the
protocol for the EA4TX interface and can already see some room for
improvements (presets anyone?).

So...  if someone can point to a valid link, or scan-n-mail a manual to me,
I can get started :)

Anyone else up for a development project?  (I develop, you try to break it!).

Ron :)
KA1KJZ

At 08:01 PM 10/7/01 -0400, you wrote:

>Hi.
>
>I just bought a used Ham-M rotator last week.  This is the "old
>version" with the brown bakelite control box with the single
>lever switch.  I am concerned that there is no brake delay for
>this controller (not even a manual one).
>
>Is there a web site somewhere that details how to build (from
>scratch) and install a brake delay circuit for this rotator?
>Would putting in a brake delay make it unnecessary to add the
>"torsion bar" recommended in the Ham-M rotator manual?
>
>Also, is there a web site anywhere that shows how to construct
>and install a PC interface?
>
>In general, are there any other web sites which detail home-brew
>mods to the Ham-M rotator?
>
>If I were to add a switch into primary of the motor/brake
>transformer, or switches into the motor and/or brake circuits on
>the secondary side, what should be the contact ratings for such
>switches?
>
>Note that I am interested in completely home-brewing my own mods
>to the rotator control; not purchasing a commercially available
>mod.
>
>TNX ES VY 73,
>
>Ed Pugh (VA3PU)
>Ottawa, Ontario
>va3pu@rac.ca
>
>Ed Pugh   | A common mistake that people make when trying
>VA3PU     | to design something completely foolproof is to
>Ottawa ON | underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
>CANADA    | - Douglas Noel Adams (1952 - May 11, 2001 :-( )
>
>List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,
>Trylon Titan towers, coax, hardline and more. Also check out our self
>supporting towers up to 100 feet for under $1500!!  http://www.anwireless.com
>
>-----

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----