[TowerTalk] [Tower Talk] 10 to 25 ohm feed.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] [Tower Talk] 10 to 25 ohm feed.
From: K7GCO@aol.com (K7GCO@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 00:11:37 EDT
In a message dated 10/10/01 5:12:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
longterm@chatusa.com writes:

<< Can you  feed a yagi  efficiently with a feed impedance of 10 to 25 ohm.
 What is the best way type of  feed. T match or what ever?

 NN7J

A T Match needs a balun unless it's done like an Antenna Mfg on the West
coast did.  It worked great.  I think they were called Pro Antenna or
something like that.  The Clements Match works great and doesn't require a
balun either.  It can be adjusted or balanced so there is no RF Spill Over
either.  A hair pin match can be fed without a balun by running the coax up
the center of one side and running the center lead across.  This was widely
shown in WWII Antenna Manuals.  Hy Gain for some reason didn't use it but
some ham had an article in QST showing how to do it on a tribander without
upsetting balance. k7gco

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----