[TowerTalk] Re: Force12

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Force12
From: Mike" <W4EF@dellroy.com (Mike)
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 07:42:51 -0700
Hey Joe,

Yes, I was guilty of jumping in without reading the whole thread. The matching
technique you describe sounds similar to something I used to broadband a UHF
dipole about 10 years ago. In my case, we used a series resonant tank circuit
in
series with the dipole feed to effectively fold the ends of the impedance locus
on the smith chart across each other. This tightened the impedance locus into
a smaller VSWR circle and allowed us to meet our bandwidth spec. There is
an article in the latest issue of QEX by Grant Bingeman, KM5KG that describes
a similar technique.

73 de Mike, W4EF................