[TowerTalk] Re: Force12

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Force12
From: K3BU@aol.com (K3BU@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 20:04:28 EDT
In a message dated 10/11/01 7:40:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time, w8ji@akorn.net
writes:

>  I actually compared SWR bandwidth of a Double Bazooka sold by
>  IAC in Florida and a conventional dipole with the same conductor
>  size and height. I measured between 1 and 2% bandwidth
>  improvement in the coaxial antenna.

You din't get it Tom,
we are not talking about "Bazooka" dipole, but Bazooka quarter wave coax
balun connected to antenna and fed with coax. Read my first posting and K7GCO
explanation again. I got it about 30 years ago, used it, measured it and it
works as described. Also it provides balun function and selective band filter
very handy in SO2R or multi TX setups (good only for monoband antennas).
I am not atacking you, but pointing out some (wrong) "gospel" claims you
sometimes make.

Yuri, K3BU

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----