[TowerTalk] Summary: Rotator Brake Noise

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Summary: Rotator Brake Noise
From: SPELUNK.SUENO@prodigy.net (EUGENE SMAR)
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 12:25:12 -0400
TT:

     Thanks for the suggestions about curing the noise I hear on signals
while I depress the rotator brake switch.  I haven't implemented any of them
yet (will do so after all antennas have been installed, etc.) but here is a
synopsis:

o   Bypass all eight leads to ground at the control box.
o   Connect control box chassis to single-point ground system.
o   Place control box away from RX in shack.
o   Power control box from separate AC circuit from RX.

     All these suggestions make sense to me.  They also indicate that others
have had this problem, so I'm somewhat relieved to hear that.

     Thanks again.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,