[TowerTalk] RE: Yellow Jackets on Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: Yellow Jackets on Tower
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 11:29:42 EDT
    Ah, stinging flying beasts. I was climbing some HBX one time and when I
got just below the rotator plate I ran into a nest at eye level that had
enveloped the whole tower at that point and was at least the size of a
basketball. Didn't stick around to get any more details.

    The first thing that's already been mentioned is that you have to wait
until evening or early morning when they're all in there before you nuke the
nest with insecticide. And BE CAREFUL with that stuff.

    If you do get stung, application of Adolph's Meat Tenderizer will
eliminate the pain and swelling within seconds. There is an enzyme in
Adolph's that works on the toxin from the sting. (There are some other things
that work but I don't remember what they are. I carry a jar of Adolph's along
with my other tower working equipment.)

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
Tower Tech