[TowerTalk] Yaesu G-2800SDX

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-2800SDX
From: n7us@arrl.net (Jim McDonald)
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 09:06:31 -0700
Mike,

You're right about the manual.  I had missed that when I discovered the
problem last night.

I got a couple of suggestions identifying the motor that turns the display
as the likely problem.  K1TTT even has a complete write-up on his website
(http://gemini.berkshire.net/~robbins/technote/yaesu.html) with the
disassembly procedures.  I just took the control unit apart and gave the
small pulley on the motor shaft a nudge with a small screwdriver (per
K1TTT), and it started up at full speed, back to 180 CCW with the cable
disconnected.  I also blew out dust (not much inside) with compressed air.

It's working, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  Thanks for taking the time
to retype all of that when I hadn't opened my eyes!

73,
Jim N7US