[TowerTalk] AB chance screw anchors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] AB chance screw anchors
From: K7GCO@aol.com (K7GCO@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 16:29:39 EST
In a message dated 11/2/01 12:53:31 PM Pacific Standard Time,
wa3gin@erols.com writes:<<
 Wondering if I can use two per cable to increase the ratings?  My soil is
sandy
 loam...  thanks, dave wa3gin

 SavageBR@aol.com wrote:
  > In a message dated 11/2/2001 10:20:15 AM Eastern Standard Time,
 > kkanakas@cisco.com writes:
  > << Tripleye - 6346 , 6", 3/4" X 66" and 5000lb
 >  type. >>
 > Be careful about the 5000 lb rating. That rating depends strongly on the
kind
 > of soil you put the anchor in. The screw anchors are rated in their catalog
 > for different types of soil.
  > Bruce  AA4Z

Dave:  That is a "Great Idea."  Do that for the top guys--just to be sure for
the time when there is "ice loading in high winds."  I had thought of adding
a larger steel disk over the disk at the end of the anchor rod.  It does
require a bigger hole just to get it in. k7gco

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----