[TowerTalk] CATV hardline is sticky

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] CATV hardline is sticky
From: pringle50@home.com (pringle50@home.com)
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 12:47:21 -0600
Kevin:

The material you describe is placed in the cable so that if its outer
jacket is nicked, the substance will ooze out and fill the hole
minimizing or slowing down electrolysis.  This cable is made for
direct burial and is more expensive to the cable operators than plain
unjacketed or even jacketed cable.  You should have absolutely no
trouble removing it with common solvents available around the house or
farm.

Don't know if you have the proper connectors to use it with RG-11 or
not with the PL-259/SO-239 or not but they can be obtained from
Gilbert Engineering on Camelback Drive in Phoenix, AZ.

73,
J. Leon Pringle, Jr.    W 5 N A